Our week began with a visit from my dear friend, Adrienne, from High School. She and her family arrived in Arizona to celebrate her husband's 40th birthday (is it ok I revealed your age Dave Navarro?!) One of his wishes has been to attend Spring Training to see his beloved Dodgers and so the family made the 14 hour drive to do just that!
On Tuesday we joined them at the zoo for a fun filled day feeding giraffes, watching monkeys turn their noses disdainfully at their molasses afternoon snack, observing an elephant eating his greens, and feeding stingrays their daily dose of fish. We even managed to feed ourselves, though this time it was Noah who turned his nose up at the red peppers I packed for him. After the zoo, the Navarros and Gleasons (Adrienne's parents) joined us for a simple bbq of burgers and hot dogs and a carrot cake to celebrate Larry Gleason's birthday. The young boys enjoyed playing GeoTrax and Rokenbach together and both Brandon and Noah were sad to see Kyle and Travis go. Thank goodness we'll see them again in July!
That brings us to today. I sometimes struggle with "celebrating" Good Friday with kids. I would love to do proper fasting, go to the solemn Mass, and become one in solidarity with Jesus in his time of suffering. But, then, I don't really expect my kids to do the same. So, we decided to make this Friday, Good. Brandon's religious education class was canceled and so we started out the day with a bike ride to the park, tennis rackets in tow.
2 comments:
AMEN!!
Both Bob & I loved how you spent Good Friday, what a great day with the boys, thanks for posting to keep us up to date!
Post a Comment